At Thought Leadership Lab, we are fond of sharing resources. Depending on what topic you are focused on, we hope you’ll find some ideas here that can help you be smarter, move faster, or connect with someone cool.
BUILD YOUR FOLLOWING
- Get training in writing an Op-Ed at the OpEd Project – www.theopedproject.org.
- Write an article for a specialized publication in your field, or post on Medium, LinkedIn or Newsbreak.
- Guest blog on a popular blog – Try Alltop to find the top blogs by topic area.
- Reach out to a podcast host in your subject matter to see if you can be a guest. Use the iTunes list of popular podcasts or ListenNotes.
- Start an e-newsletter and send it to people in your industry/niche. Use an email marketing tool like iContact, MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Convene a group of people with the same title/job across your industry for quarterly calls or meetings.
DEVELOP YOUR PLATFORM
- Search SlideShare or YouTube to see what other experts in your niche have created to support their platform.
- Find thought leaders in your niche by looking for hashtags related to your topic on social media and see who’s sharing content under that hashtag. Then follow those that are sharing the best content so you can amplify their best ideas.
- Speak on a panel at a leadership conference. If you’re an experienced speaker, sign up eSpeakers or a speaker’s bureau like Leading Authorities.
- Comment on the blog(s) of others who are thought leaders in your niche, industry, organization.
- Join Thinkers 360 and share your content with a wider audience.