Driver: Motivated to invent, build, create, and show a new path.
Behaviors and Characteristics:
- Enjoy the white space of new creation or new solutions.
- Willing to ask a lot of questions or engage in conversations with customers, community or followers in order to figure out a better way.
- Very knowledgeable, creative, and energetic about sharing their ideas.
- See a different future than others around them and are willing to push forward against all odds.
- To get others excited about their product, invention or new idea.
- To step back from the day-to-day requirements of building an initiative, company or organization to be seen as a thought leader in their industry or niche.
- To delineate and differentiate their personal brand and thought leadership from their company’s.
- Often try to do too much rather than focus on doing a few things well.
- Not getting there first or not being the best/coolest/fastest.
- Not making a difference in their industry or community.
- Too ‘me’ or ‘my company’ focused rather than creating a conversation and adding value to their industry/niche.
Call to action:
- Isn’t there a better way?
Example Builder Thought Leaders:
- Miki Agarwal, Co-Founder of THINX, CEO of Tushy and Owner of Wild (See Chapter 2 of Ready to Be a Thought Leader?)
- Ali Wing, CEO of giggle (See Chapter 4 of Ready to Be a Thought Leader?)
- Robin Chase, founding CEO of ZipCar
- Richard Branson, Founder, and Chairman, Virgin Group
- Steve Jobs, entrepreneur and inventor, founder, Apple
(c) 2022 Thought Leadership Lab
Do not distribute without permission.