Driver: Motivated to be at the top of their niche, to ‘win’.
Behaviors and Characteristics:
- Highly motivated to gain visibility for their expertise.
- See thought leadership as a competitive advantage and as a path to being a rainmaker.
- Happy to be in the spotlight and to have their name, or the name of their company, prominently displayed.
- To focus more on the number of their followers or the income they can bring in rather than adding value to a community.
- To maintain high-quality content and ideas rather than just brand building.
- Being overlooked or undervalued for their efforts.
- Being seen as self-serving.
Call to action:
Example Competitor Thought Leaders:
- Carly Fiorina, businesswoman, former CEO, Hewlett-Packard, and candidate, US Senate
- Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle
(c) 2022 Thought Leadership Lab
Do not distribute without permission.